Legion of Superheroes
1. Not counting Superboy or Supergirl, who was the first Legionnaire
to get their own book?
2. One of the surprises during Zero Hour was the Time Trapper's
true identity. Who was he?
3. Pulsar Stargrave claimed to be the 30th century incarnation
of which 20th century villain?
4. What group did Monstress belong to before joining the Legion
5. What was the post zero hour Mano's problem?
6. What was Validus's origin?
7. How did R.J. Brande make his fortune in the pre zero hour
8. Which reboot Legion ally is the child of a super villain?
9. Which Legionnaire was never a member of the Legion of Substitute
10. Which of the following did Mordru do in the twentieth century?
11. Which Legionnaire was proved to be an imposter in a pre-crisis
12.Who did Timber Wolf think he was when he first met the Legion?
13. Which 20th. Century Supervillain did the pre Reboot Legion
14. Who was the last leader of the Legion before it broke up
in the wake of the Black dawn Crisis five years?
15. Which Legionnaire came from a long line of planetary champions?
1. A. Karate Kid got his series in the 70's. Cosmic Boy in the late 80's. Valor and Timber Wolf in the 90's.
5. B. A was the original Mano's problem.
6. D. A was the origin given by President Chu to lure the Legion
into coming into contact with the behemoth.
8. C. The Pre boot Rond Vidar was Universo's son. Lori Morning
was the daughter of one of Chronos's henchmen. Impulse is a distant
descendant of Professor Zoom.
9. D. Star Boy joined when he was thrown out of the Legion for
taking a life in battle. Dream Girl quit the Legion and joined the
subs to be with her boyfriend. They were later sponsored for membership
by Superboy and Supergirl and proved themselves while disguised.
11. C. Lightning Lad was revealed to be an imposter in volume 4.
Interestingly enough, Braniac Five himself unleashed Omega upon
the world while insane.
13. C. Vandal Savage was a Justice Society villain, and I'm not
even sure if he had an Earth one counterpart. The Legion fought
Lex Luthor or his surrogates often in their early days. My favorite
was the killer robot Urthlo who when defeated was found to have
Lex Luthor's face and had a chest cavity filled with reel to reel
tapes that said Hate Superboy, Hate Legion and Hate Hate Hate. Professor
Ivo was kept in cryogenic facility and let out a few days a year.
During that time he sent killer robots after the descendents of
members of the Justice League. He attracted the Legion's attention
when one of his robots fired a kryptonite bullet at Laurel Kent,
who was Superman's descendant before DC made her an android sleeper
agent for the Manhunters.
14. D. Sensor Girl was the last elected leader. She resigned
to regain the throne of Orando making Timber Wolf Leader. Timber
Wolf had a breakdown and Sun Boy was made unofficial leader. Then
Sun Boy resigned from the Legion and appointed Polar Boy unofficial
leader. Thanks to the FAQ page on Bits O Legionnaire Business
for the proper sequence.
All characters are DC Comics
This piece is © 2001 by Michael Condon.
Fanzing is not associated with DC Comics.
All DC Comics characters, trademarks and images (where used) are DC Comics, Inc.
DC characters are used here in fan art and fiction in accordance with their generous "fair use" policies.
Fanzing site version 7.4